– During this global pandemic so many people are saying “we’re all in this together,” from your perspective, what does this actually mean and why it is so important right now?
– When you wrote We’re All in This Together, you obviously didn’t know it would come out right in the midst of a global pandemic, how does this book and your work connect to what is going on right now?
– What are the core themes and pillars of We’re All in This Together?
– What inspired you to write this 5th book at this time?
– You make the distinction between our “job” and our “role” in the book…what is that difference and why is it important?
– What is psychological safety, and why is it important?
– What’s the difference between recognition and appreciation?
– You talk about the “authenticity continuum” and the “authenticity equation” – can you explain what those are and why they are important?
– You write a lot about vulnerability in your books, why is that so important?
– Not only do you write about the concept of vulnerability, you write about yourself and your life in an incredibly vulnerable and personal way in this book (and all of your books). Is it scary to open up like that in such a public way?
– You mention the death of your sister Lori in the book. You’ve had some significant losses in your life, what have you learned from these losses and what can people do who are going through loss and still have to get up and go to work everyday?
– You speak all over the world and have clients like Google, Wells Fargo, Microsoft, Gap, eBay, Schwab, and others – what have you learned from working with these companies over the past 20 years?
– Why is emotional intelligence to important?
– What can leaders do to build more trust with their teams and encourage a healthy team culture?
– What have you learned from the guests you’ve had on your podcast over the past four years?
– How has your background in sports help shaped the way you think about leadership, business, and teamwork?
– What companies are getting it right in terms of culture, leadership, and success these days?
– What makes it hard for us to bring our whole selves to work?
– In the era of #MeToo do you think it is easier or harder for people to bring all of who they are to work? How different is it to do this for men, women, people of color, and others?
– Why is it so important to talk about and focus on inclusion and belonging?
– How does all of this relate to the current political climate?