This book explores why it can be hard for us to be authentic – the familial, cultural, and personal influences, thoughts, and fears that make it difficult for us to do and say what is true for us, or lead us to believe that who we are is not acceptable enough. The book then presents simple yet effective ways to exercise the power of authenticity in our relationships, work, and life. The ideas, principles, and practices laid out in this book give you specific techniques which allow you to:
- Express yourself fully and with confidence
- Confront and transform fear
- Deal with conflicts directly and effectively
- Take risks and go for what you truly want
- Have more freedom and confidence in your work, your relationships, and your life
The book is filled with action items, ideas, and suggested exercises and practices. It’s easy to take what you learn in Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken and apply it to your life now!
Mike Robbins offers five powerful principles of authenticity and then provides action plans, exercises, resources, and anecdotes that demonstrate how to apply these principles on a daily basis in life. Written for people who want to improve their lives, their work, and their relationships, the book is brimming with inspiration and practical help.
Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken, reached #17 overall on the Amazon bestseller list and appeared on the Marin Independent Journal’s list of bestsellers. It also received a coveted “Starred Review” from Publisher’s Weekly.
For more information about this book and to purchase copies, click here.
“This book is a wonderful expression of authenticity in action — clear, honest, instructive, and a passionate call to be your true self.”
- Cheryl Richardson, New York Times bestselling author, Take Time for Your Life
This book explores the many challenges involved in expressing and experiencing appreciation and gratitude in our lives. The book then presents you with simple yet effective ways to exercise the power of appreciation in everyday life. By taking this journey, you will:
- Experience the positive impact of appreciation on yourself and those around you
- Learn how to be grateful for your life-right now
- Gain insight into using your thoughts, feelings, and words to create circumstances and relationships that you appreciate
- Consider how to acknowledge other people from your heart
- Explore appreciating yourself in new and profound ways
This book too is filled with action items, ideas, and suggested practices. It is easy to take what you learn in Focus on the Good Stuff and use it in your life right away.
Mike Robbins shows us that it is our ability to feel and express true appreciation-to focus on the good stuff-that leads us to genuine fulfillment in our lives, not the other way around. The art of appreciating our lives goes way beyond simply saying “thank you” or occasionally noticing nice things. True appreciation is about altering the way we relate to ourselves, others, and the world around us. By living our lives in a grateful way, we put ourselves on a path of deep fulfillment and authentic happiness.
Focus on the Good Stuff reached #4 on the Amazon bestseller list and also appeared on the San Francisco Chronicle’s list of bestselling books. In addition, it received the prestigious Silver Nautilus book award.
For more information about this book and to purchase copies, click on this link.
“Incredible – My great honor to recommend with heartfelt enthusiasm. Should be required reading for everyone!”
- Richard Carlson, Ph.D., New York Times bestselling author of Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff (quote taken from his foreword)
In addition to Mike’s two books, he has also been a contributing author to the following titles: